I just found out that Acorns, the set-and-forget investing app, is giving away $200 + $5 for every referral you make this month (August 2017). Plus, they’ll give you (and me) an extra $5 if you sign up through my referral link (if you don’t already have an account).
I’m going to show you how to get your free money:
Step 1: Get an Acorns Account
If you already have one, skip this step.
Click here to sign up for an account through my referral link.
Step 2: Find your referral link
Once you’re logged in, there’s a link in the left side navigation. Click that and it will take you to a page with your referral link.
Step 3: Share the referral link
Here’s how I do it:
- Text message everyone you know who might be interested and just ask if they’re interested. Don’t send the link yet. Just say something like “Hey, we’ve discussed getting started in investing before but we didn’t know how to do it. If I found a way to easily get started investing, would you be interested?” When they say yes, send them back something like “This app does all the heavy lifting for us, and it only costs $1 per month. Plus they’ll give us each $5 for free if you sign up through my link: [your referral link]”. If they say no, just thank them for their time and don’t bring it up again.
- Repeat this process on Facebook.
- Repeat this process on Twitter.
- Send out an email like this one to your followers.
- Be sure to tell them all about the bonus $200 this month!
You only need 10 people to sign up to get the bonus $200, so: the $5 from me, plus the $50 from 10 people, plus the $200 bonus = free $255.
It’s not a multi-level marketing scheme. It’s just a referral bonus. Plus, it’s money going into your investment account. Watch it grow.
And let’s not forget the real reason we’re here: to grow our revenue. Don’t forget to check out Acorns’ other features such as auto-round up and recurring investments. Set your investment on autopilot.
What is Acorns?
Acorns is a “micro-investing” app that basically sets up an investment portfolio for you on auto-pilot. You can set it up to start growing your wealth and never touch it again until you’re ready to withdrawal (which you can do at any time). Every dollar you invest is automatically diversified across 7,000 stocks and bonds to help improve your return while reducing risk.
It only costs $1/month until you have over $5000, then it’s just 0.25% per year. At that point, it’s so far less than what you’re making in interest you won’t even notice it.
I invested a lot into this a couple years ago and when I needed it, I was able to withdrawal and use the money immediately. Now, I’m back in a position that I’m investing again.
Things to keep in mind about investing:
- It goes up and down over time…don’t stress about it.
- The longer you keep it in there, the more of a chance you have of making a return on your investment.
- Average of 10 years is usually around 11%+ (last I read)
- According to President Donald Trump’s Twitter (take that as you will), the stock market is just getting better and better. Now’s the time to invest.
Look, if you don’t want to invest, just get your $255 and withdrawal it in a month. I don’t recommend that…but you can do it if you want to. Either way, you’re getting free money.