I’m going to try this #100DaysToOffload thing.
The whole point of
#100DaysToOffloadis to challenge you to publish 100 posts on your personal blog in a year.
Posts don’t need to be long-form, deep, meaningful, or even that well written.https://100daystooffload.com
I’m doing this for two reasons:
- To build my writing habit.
- To build an audience.
- Get on the #100DaysToOffload Hall of Fame.
Building a Writing Habit
I tried 30 Days to Better Writing, but then Sean McCabe deleted everything, even though many of us spent a lot of money on it.
I’ll write about that in the future, but it’s a post for another time.
Writing 100 posts in 365 days puts me at one post every three and a half days.
That should build a pretty good habit.
Building an Audience
I want to make enough money to support myself and my family independently. That’s not possible without having a decent level of following.
I’ve been doing marketing, and more lately, copywriting, for a long time.
And there are so many other things I want to write about.
I’ve got several game ideas:
- A kids Table Top Role Playing Game (TTRPG, like Dungeons & Dragons).
- A far-future grand space TTRPG.
- A cyberpunk + solarpunk TTRPG.
- A bunch of casual games around a character I made up back in 2015 named Attitude Egg.
A couple of pulp serial ideas:
- The Questicles is a fantasy game parody.
- Stories written for the TTRPGs I make.
A couple of podcasts:
- Your Secure Life
- The #NoAlarmsClub
- A new one is based on the idea of an old radio show called It Pays to be Ignorant.
I will never have the time to write all this stuff if I don’t quit my day job and focus on writing full-time.
So, here’s to 2023, and here’s to #100DaysToOffload.
Please sign up for my email list and/or follow my RSS feed.
Journey with me
This blog has been a really long journey.
I don't have a fancy lead magnet for you.
No free ebook or checklist.
It's just a newsletter that follows my life journey.
Sign up for the newsletter to get updates on my life.