Want to design and build awesome games that can be played on the web (a web game developer)?
You’re in the right place.
It’s hard enough designing a fun game, but then you have to make it. Once it’s made, how do you make money from it? How do you get people to play?
You’re not alone.
Become a web game developer with me, Garrett Mickley. I have over 10 years experience in digital marketing, which I’ve had as a career while studying game design and development in college.
I completed my degree and now I’m ready to make some games!
Let’s learn together. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
Section 1: Game Design – Designing fun games.
- 5 Important Steps to Designing an Attention-Grabbing Game
- A Game Design Document (GDD) Tutorial That Will Save You Time and Energy
Section 2: Game Development – Building the fun games you design.
- Coming soon…
Section 3: Game Business – The day-to-day aspects of being a gamedev.
- First, you want to start getting consistent with your sharing. Consistency is the key; read about it here.
- Start investing some extra cash and generate a sustainable “rainy day fund”.
Section 4: Game Marketing – Making money from your games.
- Start teaching what you know to grow your audience and make some extra cash on the side to fund your writing.
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Email Marketing for Gamedevs
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Gamedevs
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Social Media for Gamedevs
FREE Game Design Document Template
Grab the free GDD template and you'll also be subscribed to the newsletter.