Want to design and build awesome games that can be played on the web (a web game developer)?
You’re in the right place.
It’s hard enough designing a fun game, but then you have to make it. Once it’s made, how do you make money from it? How do you get people to play?
You’re not alone.
Become a web game developer with me, Garrett Mickley. I have over 10 years experience in digital marketing, which I’ve had as a career while studying game design and development in college.
I completed my degree and now I’m ready to make some games!
Let’s learn together. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
Section 1: Game Design
Designing fun games.
- 5 Important Steps to Designing an Attention-Grabbing Game
- A Game Design Document (GDD) Tutorial That Will Save You Time and Energy
Section 2: Game Development
Building the fun games you design.
- Coming soon…
Section 3: Game Business
The day-to-day aspects of being a gamedev.
- There’s one thing you can do to save your gamedev career from certain failure.
- Start investing some extra cash and generate a sustainable “rainy day fund”.
- How do you generate revenue from your games? Don’t do ads…do this instead.
Section 4: Game Marketing
Making money from your games.
- You need to start marketing your game, even if it’s not done yet. Click here to find out why (and how).
- The easiest (and most rewarding) way to get started is with an email list. Check out the The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Email Marketing for Gamedevs.
- You want to start getting consistent with your sharing. Consistency is the key; read about it here.
- Don’t just use your favorite social media…use the one that works best for you.
- People can, and will, find your games if you optimize your site for search engines.
Learn to make a living creating fun video games.
I don't have any free leadmagnet to convince you to sign up. If you want to learn how you can pay all of your bills making video games whenever and wherever you want, sign up here.