Want to design and build awesome games that can be played on the web (a web game developer)?
You’re in the right place.
It’s hard enough designing a fun game, but then you have to make it. Once it’s made, how do you make money from it? How do you get people to play?
You’re not alone.
Become a web game developer with me, Garrett Mickley. I have over 10 years experience in digital marketing, which I’ve had as a career while studying game design and development in college.
I completed my degree and now I’m ready to make some games!
Let’s learn together. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
Section 1: Game Design
Designing fun games.
- 5 Important Steps to Designing an Attention-Grabbing Game
- A Game Design Document (GDD) Tutorial That Will Save You Time and Energy
Section 2: Game Development
Building the fun games you design.
- Coming soon…
Section 3: Game Business
The day-to-day aspects of being a gamedev.
- There’s one thing you can do to save your gamedev career from certain failure.
- Start investing some extra cash and generate a sustainable “rainy day fund”.
- How do you generate revenue from your games? Don’t do ads…do this instead.
Section 4: Game Marketing
Making money from your games.
- You need to start marketing your game, even if it’s not done yet. Click here to find out why (and how).
- The easiest (and most rewarding) way to get started is with an email list. Check out the The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Email Marketing for Gamedevs.
- You want to start getting consistent with your sharing. Consistency is the key; read about it here.
- Don’t just use your favorite social media…use the one that works best for you.
- People can, and will, find your games if you optimize your site for search engines.
Learn to make a living creating fun video games.
If you want to learn how you can pay all of your bills making video games whenever and wherever you want, sign up here.